Monday, June 16, 2014

Getting in the Mood (Something Blue)

Lately, I've been thinking of blue things.
The sky, flowers, my favorite coffee mug. But mostly water.
This is because the novel I'm working on is about the sea--or rather, what's beneath it. I've got a very clear feeling that I want to embody in this story. So, I've been doing some passion-related research.
Like:
 -Going to the beach. Frequently. (Still not tan, though.)

-Watching the same three movies over and over and over again. 
Best. Disney. Movie. Ever. Am I right or am I right


-Listening to a variety of music. One of my favorites for this novel is:

You can find the rest of my playlist here. 
-Reading books with similar settings/mythology:
-And, most of all, I've been looking at photography. Lots and lots of photography.
What are some things you do to get yourself into the mood of your story? Are you planning on doing Camp NaNoWriMo this July? (I am :D...D:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!