Thursday, December 20, 2012

Beginning at the End

So. I can't help but to notice that it's been a while since I've blogged. You've noticed this too, yeah? Liar. You forgot all about me and my silly little blog. WELL. That won't happen again. Starting now (the last day of the world), until...as long as I can keep it up, I'm going to be blogging EVERY DAY. Therefore, I'm beginning at the end. And then, when I'm done blogging everyday, I'm going to gauge how much I can handle and create a weekly blog schedule. That way, if you want, you can bug me about not blogging. Or I can just feel guilty all on my own. (:
A few weeks ago (it may have been days, I have no sense of time)  my lovely friend Megan Paasch tagged me in The Next Best Thing Blog Hop. I'm finally going to do it. As you may know, I've recently begun rewriting my novel and there's so much new stuff than before that I only hope I can sum it all up below.
-WARNING: terrible writing may ensue.-

What is the working title of your book?
The working title at the moment is "Everlae", which is the name of the world it takes place in. I don't know if this will stay the title for very long. I'm not good at naming things.

Where did the idea come from for your book?
Oh, gosh, I don't remember. I got the title of the world from a song that I misheard, I think. It said, "of L.A." and I heard, "Everlae." But it was, like, a year after that when I really sat down and started brainstorming. I really liked the idea of having faeries hate humans for whatever reason.


What genre does your book fall under?
Uh. I don't know.  YA Fantasy, I think?

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Ha. Well, here goes:

When Lauren inexplicably finds herself trapped in Everlae, a world where humans are enslaved by faeries, she’ll do anything to get home…even if means inciting a war with devastating effects. 

Thanks so much to Chynna-Blue for helping me with this!


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Neither, at the moment, although one day, maybe, I'll start querying for it.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Well. I started the first first first draft four years ago. But I really didn't start working on the current version of the story until last year. Basically, all I'd had to show for three years of working on it (occasionally, when I was in the mood or during the summer holidays) was 20,000 words. At an early part of last year, I sat down, plotted out everything with excruciating detail, tried (and failed) NaNoWriMo, got the manuscript to 40k, and then I finished writing it around the last day of school last year. It was 78k.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Um, I don't know. I don't have anything to compare it to. Not yet, at least.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Wow. I don't really see the faces of my characters, so this will be difficult. I'll only do the two main characters.
Um. I kind of like Alexander Ludwig from the Hunger Games as my male protagonist, Fraud Ghriaura.
And I don't know, maybe Lucy Hale as my female protagonist, Lauren Fischer.
But if there ever were to be a movie (highly HIGHLY unlikely) I'd like whoever could play the character best, even if it means they're a new face.(:

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
There are many things that inspire me to keep working on this book to this very day. Right now, I'm really interested by the American Civil War because there's going to be a war in my story and it's caused by racial issues. But, other things that inspired me were Celtic mythology (I love it), Irish history, the summer, and...life? Also, every single book I've ever read, all of the writing advice I read, and the support of my fellow writers.(:

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
It's not a love story. Not really. Oh, and humans are stronger than faeries. The Faeries are actually afraid of the humans.

I tag:
Ayssa Sherlock
Skye Fairwin
Ashtyn Stann
Lupus Amator
David Patterson
Chynna-Blue Scott

I want to hear about your guys' stories.

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!