Wednesday, October 16, 2013

You Better BeLiebster


Ah, yes, I forgot. Skye Fairwin for some reason decided I was worthy of being nominated for a Liebster Blog Award. Although I don't entirely see your logic behind this, thank you, Skye. I shall do my best with it.



Rules of the Liebster Award:
  • Link back to the person who nominated you
  • Answer the 10 questions that are given to you by the nominator
  • Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers
  • Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
  • Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blogs and notifying them
My Answers
  1. When did you first start to see yourself as a writer? This is a difficult question to answer, 'cause really, any kid who picks up a pen and writes the first (and in many cases, only) words of a story considers herself a writer. I've been considering myself a writer for several years now--I'm not even sure how many. Seven, maybe? *silence as I count it out on my fingers* Yeah, seven. But then, every other year or so, I go through this huge epiphany-type thing where I change one little thing about my process and it's like, "Now THIS is writing. What the hell was I doing before? Nothing, that's what. I was such an amature. This is what it feels like to be a real writer." So I guess the more I write, the more I feel like a writer? Wow, WHAT an elaborate answer. *cough* word-abuser *cough*
  2. What was the first story you remember writing about? It had something to do with a car crash and a murder mystery, mostly derived from all of the Law and Order I watched as a kid.  That's all that I remember, apart from having handwritten eighteen pages of it and making everyone read it. I was, like, ten. 
  3. What do you blog about and why? A bunch of random writing crap so far, but I'm starting a series of blog posts connecting art and writing, which should help me keep a more structured blog. 
  4. Who is your idol? Maggie Stiefvater, I suppose? 
  5. Besides writing, do you engage in any other creative/artistic pursuits? (E.g. painting, composing, etc.) I do artsy things, like draw, paint, sculpt/carve. I also watch a lot of tv, does that count?
  6. If you were sucked into your story world, how long would you survive? Probably a while, because I'd do as I was told. (I pretend I'm not, but really, I think I'm too much of a wimp to die for liberty and justice and dignity and all that crap. I'd probably just try to make the best of what I have there.)
  7. If you could live during any historical period, when would it be and why? Um, now, I guess? I mean, being able to wear long flowy dresses and having servants and stuff would be cool, but being able to shower everyday and having rights and stuff is even cooler. Also, there's no wifi in history.
  8. Where do you hope to be in ten years time? Alive. Living on my own. Hopefully published. Hopefully multiple times. Working on stories. Making art. In love. Living somewhere pretty, preferably in the middle of a forest. Self-employed-ish. Doing whatever the hell I want. Some-what well off (money wise).
  9. Which of your characters is your favourite and why? Devlin, because he's dead and grumpy and constantly has to hide that to please others. 
  10. If you were given one wish, what would it be? That for each wish I make, I get two more.
My Nominees

My Questions

1. Are you an early bird, or a night owl? Which would you prefer to be and why?

2. What's your favorite kind of story? Adventure, romance, etc. 

3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? (Could be an imaginary place.)

4. What is the first sentence of your current work in progress?

5. What is your ideal writing setting? Like, time of day, location, beverages to sip during.

6. If you could stay any age forever, what age would you chose?

7. What are your favorite historical figures?

8. What is the thing you think about most when you are writing a story?

9. What is your favorite animated movie?

10. Coffee or tea?




2 comments:

  1. Done! I answered your questions. :) Also loving the look of your new layout! Although I'm sure it might change until you're done renovations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm still playing with it a bit, but I'm liking it right now too. And I saw--I suppose I shall answer your questions, too, as you tagged everyone. :D Questions are fun.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!