Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pain, Boredom, and Rent

Just an update about what I'm doing right now, since I haven't been online in several days and it feels like a month. In reality, it was probably less than a week. Yeah, this will probably bore you.
I have tendonitis (so gross, sorry) in my right hand, which, incidentally, is my writing hand. It kind of hurts. 
I've fallen far behind on my Camp NaNoWriMo goal. This is for the same reason that I've been MIA: computers suck. 
Wow, my hand really hurts. 
Right now it's pretty early. Actually, not anymore, but I've been up for a while and that makes me happy. It's been a while since I've been able to get up this early and I'm hoping to get into the habit. I'm trying to figure out what to do today. I want to go for a run, but I've never actually gone running around my neighborhood before. Is that something people still do? I never see runners outside. 
I'm also going to write today, of course. I (briefly) considered trying another 10K day, because that's pretty much how far behind I am, but then I realized that is a terrible idea (see my rant here). NaNo says I need 2,106 words written each day to make my goal, so that's what I'll try. Who knows, maybe I'll even get 3,000.
I'm a little worried about inspiration/motivation, though. A lot of my inspiration comes from movies. I'm a movie junkie. I've been watching the Pirates of the Caribbean movies so far, and they're fitting in well, but they're getting kind of old. (That reminds me: I have to go buy the most recent POC. Especially because it has mermaids and that's kind of a prime component of Summer Story.) Do you guys have any ocean-y mermaid-y movies to suggest? No Aquamarine or Little Mermaid* please. Is there anything good in the theaters? I've seen MIB 3 (good) and Dark Shadows (not so good) so far. I plan on seeing the Avengers soon, so don't scold me. I wanted to see Snow White and the Huntsman, but I've heard some negative reviews on that, so I don't know if it's worth the money right now. Any suggestions?
OMG (squeal) Rent is on tv. Must go now. Talk to me about writing goals and movies and anything really below. TTFN. 
*I love the Little Mermaid. It's my favorite Disney princess movie, which is a big deal because I'm a huge fan of the Disney princess movies. Actually, I love most of the animated Disney movies besides Toy Story, A Bug's Life, and Cars. I've seen the Little Mermaid, though, and I'm looking for something new.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon :)

    ...such a pain to type otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know. It just won't go away, but I can't not use my hand, you know? I'm doomed.(:

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!